DRAGON QUEST XI S is the last entry in the legendary RPG series from creator Yuji Horii, character designer Akira Toriyama and composer Koichi Sugiyama. This eleventh main entry is a completely standalone experience that features new characters, a beautifully detailed world, finely tuned turn-based combat, and an immersive story that will appeal to longtime fans and franchise newcomers alike. After its release in Japan, DRAGON QUEST XI won multiple gaming awards and received critical praise, including PlayStation’s Platinum Prize and a perfect 40/40 score from Famitsu (an influential video game publication in Japan).
A young man, about to participate in his village’s coming of age ceremony, travels to a sacred stone alongside his childhood friend. After a series of unexpected events, this intrepid adventurer learns he is the reincarnation of a legendary hero from a forgotten age.
The young hero sets forth into an unknown world on a journey to unravel the mystery of his past… but the welcome he receives is far from warm. Upon revealing his identity to the King, the hero is branded as “The Darkspawn” and hunted by a relentless army.
Fleeing from his pursuers, the hero assembles a band of endearing adventurers who believe he is actually The Luminary reborn. The Luminary and his newfound companions embark on a quest that will take them across continents and over vast oceans as they learn of an ominous threat facing the world.
DEFINITIVE EDITION CONTENT
Includes the critically acclaimed DRAGON QUEST XI, as well as an array of new content, features and quality of life improvements.
- Enjoy the massive content of the base game as well as new character-specific scenarios, which offer the possibility to learn more about some of your favourite companions.
- Play as you want - switch between 3D HD or 2D 16-bit modes, original soundtrack or orchestral version of the music, and English or Japanese audio.
- Dive into the 16-bit World of Tickington - an additional side-quests area that see you journeying to past DRAGON QUEST worlds reimagined in retro style.
- Speed up battle by x2 and x4, ride new mountable monsters and attack with them on the field to earn experience points.
- Spice up the adventure with three new Draconian Quest settings such as 'Super Shypox', 'Townsfolk Talk Tripe', or 'Party Wiped Out if Protagonist Perishes'.
- Immortalise your adventure with the photo mode, pose each of the characters and snap some pictures with the beautifully designed world of Erdrea in the background.
© 2017, 2020 ARMOR PROJECT/BIRD STUDIO/SQUARE ENIX All Rights Reserved. ©SUGIYAMA KOBO ℗SUGIYAMA KOBO
ECHOES OF AN ELUSIVE AGE is a registered trademark or trademark of Square Enix Co., Ltd.
DRAGON QUEST, SQUARE ENIX and the SQUARE ENIX logo are registered trademarks or trademark of Square Enix Holdings Co., Ltd.
- Unravel an Epic Mystery in a Riveting Tale – You are the Luminary, the reincarnation of a hero from a forgotten age. Denigrated as a demon and pursued by a malicious monarch, you must embark on a quest to uncover the mystery of your fate and save a doomed world. Be prepared for an immersive story with twists and turns that pull you in and keep you craving more.
- Assemble a Colorful Cast of Loyal Companions – Accompanying you is an endearing band of adventurers with their own rich backstories and personalities. Famed manga artist Akira Toriyama brings the characters of DRAGON QUEST to life with his one-of-a-kind style.
- Explore a Massive, Beautiful, Living World – Excitement lurks around every corner, observe NPC’s attend to their daily schedules, monsters change behaviors to fit their environments, and access new areas, by foot, on horseback or with the use of monstrous vehicles.
- Engage in Classic Turn-based Battles with a Modern Twist – DRAGON QUEST XI features mechanics simple enough for beginners, but with enough depth to satisfy hardcore fans. As your adventure continues, learn incredible new abilities to take down even the most fearsome foe with your powerful allies.
- Have Some Fun & Save the World – Tons of side-quests and addicting mini-games awaits you for enough content to keep you playing for well over 100 hours. You will face insurmountable odds and an evil force of unimaginable power… but while the stakes are high, there are many fun distractions to find if you know where to look.
- Challenge Yourself with the Draconian Quest - Available when you start a new game, these options allow you to craft you own customized difficulty with different settings and provide a greater challenge.
|Languages||English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Korean, Chinese|